Thursday 7 January 2016

Realm

Well another year ended and I ended up learning nothing..well not exactly nothing, I learnt two new languages that decorated my CV but not something I genuinely wanted to.  
Honestly, I don’t do the “New year, New me” crap but this year, I decided to do something out of the box. I’m not a writer. I just think. I imagine. I create my own world. But how do I express it? How do I portray this sage insight into words? How do I channelize my thoughts into a description or argument?
Urghhhh!! It’s so confusing!
Okay , let’s take a reference. How do poets do it? Well..they follow the modest three steps procedure:
1. Pick a pen or pencil
2. Grab a piece of paper
3. Write
So that’s what I’m gonna do.
1. Say thank you to technology
2. Take my laptop and
3. Write.
Well I did some changes in the steps but okay now!..we don’t live in the past.
So now I’m gonna write. Write..about stuff I like and dislike, thoughts that are irrational, thoughts that are beyond logical and analytical thinking, thoughts that are not confined to the scope of any programming code.
And now this ‘programming code’ reminds me that I haven’t introduced myself yet.
Hola amigos! I’m Kritika Shukla. I’m pursuing B.tech from Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University (for Women)..umm I usually like to omit the part in the parenthesis but never mind. My hobbies include playing guitar, reading, dancing, acting, singing and much more which I’m not gonna bore you with.
As being an avid reader I’ll start my first post of this blog by quoting Shakespeare:

In the play 'As you like it' he says, "All the world's a stage,  and all the men and women merely players".

It seems like we just read these quotes and never give ourselves a minute to think about them.
We take no inspiration. We gain no knowledge. Though every one has a different aspect of life and their own philosophy.

My inspiration, my motivation is this universe. This life.  Everything happening around us from dawn to dusk. From “It’s 7:00 AM. Wake up Now!” till “It’s 2:00 AM. Go to Sleep!”.
We wake up. Eat. Drink. Breathe. Survive. For Whom? For ourselves? For our family and friends?
No..for this fake world we are living in. And by fake I don’t literally mean ‘fake’ people. By fake I mean the fake relations we have. Daughter’s mother..Husband’s wife..Mother’s daughter, nephew’s aunt  and living with just one name? So many identities yet one?Does it seem familiar?
okay..let us take an example- Romeo, The Great Gatsby,Jack Dawson, Jordan Belfort. We are well known with these characters and we are also aware of the very talented man, Leonardo DiCaprio, who has portrayed these characters on the big screen.
Now it seems similar? This is what we do in our real world stage. We act, in front of the people surrounding us. Their eyes being the 'Camera' and our deeds being the 'Action'.
I’m no Paulo Coelho to do such philosophical writing but at least I know that this world is fake yet real, our emotions are artificial yet genuine, our relations are sham yet true, our desires are insatiable yet contended. Don’t we know this already? Yes, we do. We just keep hiding from the truth because the lie seems easy to accept. Why choose easy?
Let’s draw a fine line between these two worlds. Let’s live every moment and die every instant. Let not these emotions and relations and desires bound us by any means .Let’s not get attached to our desires but not stop dreaming either. My father says in very simple words “रहिये भीतर भीतर जोगी, बहार से संसारी बनिए ।“
to be continued.....

P.S: I wasn’t thinking that my very first post will look like a Bhagwat Geeta’s chapter. Anyways i didn’t want to stop myself from writing whatever that was coming in my mind. Was just thinking and writing. So do you people.
THINK. IMAGINE.  WRITE.  DRAW.  DREAM.

14 comments: