Friday 8 January 2016

Transcendence

"I can't..I can't do this"

"Why?"

"Because I see my family members and guru in front of me. How can I kill them? How can you expect me to slaughter my own brothers? Could you? I can not entangle myself in this sin.What pleasure shall we seek in killing our own kinsmen? I desire no kingdom, no pleasure of victory."

Krishna gave him a wry smile and asked Arjun to look once again in the direction where his opponents were standing. Blitzkrieg!. Arjun opened his eyes and saw that his family members, his brothers, his guru, all the soldiers are lying dead in front of him.

"What's this?", asked Arjun worriedly. "Are they dead? Am I dreaming?"

"No Parth, you have just woken up", Krishna answered soberly, "You see these people are already dead, so are you. But not to our eyes that deceive us."
"Your dilemma is in reality, in this universe. Everyone faces dilemmas, some big some small.
And everyone has to make choices to dodge off these predicaments. Now you have to make choice, either shed blood of your brothers to be a true Kshatriya or run away from the battlefield in order to maintain peace and non-violence. It's your choice. Fight or quit."

"O Lord, with these apparently perplexed words you confuse my understanding. If they are already dead then why do you want me to kill them?", asked confused Arjun,

"Because you are a Kshatriya and fighting the wrong is your 'Karma'. All the universe is dead as you see in front of you but that's not how the balance is maintained. You are my instrument. You need to perform actions on my behalf  for the sake of the decorum. Be no coward Arjun, disembark this trivial weakness of your heart and get up for the battle. Do not get attached to these transitory physical bodies of your cousins. Unlike the Spirits our bodies are destructible. The physical bodies of the eternal and immutable spirits are perishable, therefore fight, O Arjun."


**Leaving my first post with the name of Bhagwat Geeta I continued it with some lessons given in the holy novel. Each sentence, each verse encompasses a hidden meaning.
Lord Krishna tells us that our deeds, our duty, our job is above all materialistic things.We grieve for those who are not worthy of grief, and yet speak words of wisdom. The wise grieves neither for the living nor for the dead.**

"Okay", said Arjun, "I'll give up my false designations and fight".



2 comments: